STEAM education with innovative methods and digital tools supporting hybrid education.
The host institution: Johannes Kepler University, Linz
16th February 2022
17.00 - 20. 00 EET/ 16.00 - 19. 00 CET
17:00 – 17:15 EET/ 16:00 -16:15 CET
Greetings and introduction
- Alpár Ferencz-Salamon, CCDHR – the Free-ED webinar series, how can teachers get involved during and following the webinar, technical details on participant interaction (chat, Q&A, if someone would like to activate and use their camera and microphone let us know in chat and we give them permission)
- Eva Ulbrich, JKU - their involvement in STEAM, why should schools/ teachers apply the STEAM approach
- Csilla Lazar, SEC - shortly about the project, how can teachers get involved? project/partners
17.15 – 17.35 EET/ 16.15 – 16.35 CET
Dr. Zsolt Lavicza:
Hybrid Learning in an Educational Research Doctoral Programme
17.35 – 18.20 EET/ 16.35 - 17.20 CET
GeoGebra 3D for aMaze-ing mathematics
- labyrinths, mazes, mathematical mazes, connection to the curriculum
- participants try out an AR maze, using the Geogebra 3D app
- Questions & Answers
18.20 – 19.05 EET/ 17.20 – 18.05 CET
MathCityMaps - A tool to synchronise the classroom and the outside for a real hybrid experience
- presentation of the MathCityMap project, platform and app
- Participants download and try out the MCM application
- Questions & Answers
19.05 – 19.50 EET/ 18.05 – 18.50 CET
Dr. Kristóf Fenyvesi, Finnish Institute for Educational Research, University of Jyväskylä:
How to Get Back Into Balance in a Hybrid Environment by STEAM? A Hands-on Workshop using 4Dframe models
- Introduction of the topic
- On-site participants are doing experiment with the physical 4Dframe toolkit, online participants try various online simulations regarding the same phenomenon. - Coordinated by Tercsi Balázs
- On-site and online participants discuss their discoveries, exchange their opinions and try to come up with a joint conclusion regarding their interpretations of the same phenomenon.
- On-site and online participants reflect on the process (similarities and differences) of onsite and online explorations and the fruitful and challenging aspects of working in a hybrid group
- Question&Answer session moderated by Dr. Kristóf Fenyvesi & Teréz Balázs.
19.50 – 20.00 EET/ 18.50 – 19.00
Short presentation of the participants’ suggestions made on the Miro/Padlet/Jamboard. Workshop feedback questionnaire to be presented and participants complete it. Informing participants on the next webinar date and topic.